21 Jun 2016
The Pilgrims have returned from their recent trip to the Holy Land.
Dom Leo Maidlow Davis led a group of 33. He said of the experience, “Everyone on the pilgrimage felt that it was an experience that would change them in some important way, although how will take time to discern. We were taken into the world of the Gospels and to Jesus; the events of two thousand years ago seem close in the Holy Land.”
If you haven’t had a chance to read extracts from their blog, click here.
As pilgrim, Rina Bird, wrote, “I would encourage anyone who is able, to make their own pilgrimage there. Without exception, everyone in our group was astounded at how much they learnt, and how their understanding of the Bible had dramatically improved.”
A few photographic highlights are posted in the gallery below….
- A Bedouin Camp in the Negev Desert.
- Dom Leo next to the Sea of Galilee.
- Praying the Rosary on the Sea of Galilee.
- St Peter’s Primacy Church on the Sea of Galilee.
- The group praying in the pit where Jesus was thrown by Caiphas, the High Priest, after his arrest on the orders of the Sanhedrin. It is within the Church of St. Peter in Gallicantu, Jerusalem.
- Waiting to touch the stone upon which the Cross rested on Cavalry, in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem.
- The famous Camels!
- Mass beside the Sea of Galilee.